1. Being fit and exercising is part of a healthy lifestyle and overall wellbeing. Getting fit can be a tough and slow route to go down, especially for beginners, however knowing what works and what doesn’t will greatly improve the effectiveness of your workout. Get the most out of your workout and follow these tips to help you to get fit fast.
2. Cardio exercises are the best way to burn calories, which is your main goal. Pick one which you enjoy doing and do it for 30 minutes three to four times per week for maximum results. If you bore easily, pick a couple of cardio exercises and switch each time you workout.
3. Interval training is a great way to burn fat and increase your fitness. Short bursts of cardio, such as sprinting followed by walking and then sprinting again, while help the heart and cardiovascular system to strengthen and improve, allowing you to increase the intensity of your workout over time and increase your fitness levels.
4. Rather than push ups or stomach crunches, try burpees. Get into the push up position, but do a small jump bringing you knees up under you (while keeping your hands on the floor) as though you are in a crouched/squatted position. Its a full body exercise which works all the muscles, increases strength, condition the body and burn fat.
5. One of the best ways to ensure you get fit fast is to make sure that you give your muscles and body enough time to rest, rebuild and recover between bouts of high intensity workouts. Not doing so will cause muscle damage and strain which can make you inactive and set your fitness goals back by limiting your ability to train.
6. Alternating between cardio and strength training, also known as cross training, is a great way to allow your leg muscles and core to recover from cardio, for example, while you arms and upper body focus on conditioning and toning.
7. Many women avoid strength training as they think it will make them bulk up, but actually building muscles helps to burn fat and speed up your metabolism. If you want to burn more calories then you need to build more muscles. Use small dumbbells and leg weights to add muscles. These aren’t heavy enough to make you look like a body builder.
8. Making sure that you are consistent when it comes to your workout will help you to get the results you want. Exercise for the allotted time you set yourself each time and put your full effort into the workout. This will ensure that you achieve the success you set yourself rather than just a gradual change and progress.
9. It may seem that we are pointing out the obvious here, but a healthy diet will also ensure you reach your fitness and weight goals quicker. Foods that are full of vitamins, protein, complex carbohydrates and nutrients are you best option as is avoiding junk foods and those with little nutritional benefits and you’ll only be eating empty calories.